A new puzzle for the new Alcazar players

Have fun!

I made this puzzle for those who discovered Alcazar in the last week, since I released the book. By the way, I'd like to hear how you heard about the game!

Don't hesitate to post a comment. The Alcazar community is still very small.

Write a comment

Comments: 15
  • #1

David (Friday, 23 May 2014 10:55)

I just found out about your puzzles yesterday but I think I'm already hooked. Hanging out for the android app. I found out from this tweet https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/status/468890123233681408 which was retweeted by Erin Robinson @Livelyivy

• #2

Helge (Friday, 23 May 2014 11:09)

Same here but saw it on Jonathan Blow's Twitter feed directly and loved. Solved all the online ones yesterday.
    This one seems broken (at least for me) btw. As soon as I fill in a line piece connecting to the bottom left door it kinda deadlocks in my browser :(

• #3

Jérôme Morin-Drouin (Friday, 23 May 2014 11:19)

Oh! You're right! I replaced it with a new puzzle that will not deadlock. Thanks for noticing.

• #4

Steve (Friday, 23 May 2014 11:56)

+1 for hearing about this via Jonathan Blow's twitter. After solving all the online ones, I tried printing out the downloadable ones (which initially seemed like a lot of hassle), but I was surprised how much I enjoyed solving these on paper, although I don't think drawing into a book is for me (mostly because I'm a little too slapdash when it comes to penning things in), I'd love to see a paper friendly (e.g. 9 puzzles per page) print-at-home version of the book available for purchase at some point in the future.

• #5

Nate (Friday, 23 May 2014 14:43)

I also was pointed to the website by Jonathan Blow's retweeted tweet, but I prefer the online puzzles as they're easier for me personally to visualize and I backtrack a ton.

• #6

Patashu (Friday, 23 May 2014 14:58)

This was the most fun puzzle yet! I am eagerly awaiting the iOS app for Alcazar.

• #7

Sebastian (Friday, 23 May 2014 19:43)

Also read the tweet by Jon Blow. This was an interesting puzzle, thanks!

• #8

Jérôme Morin-Drouin (Friday, 23 May 2014 21:21)

Well I have to say a big thank you to Jonathan Blow in that case!

@Steve: Yes, a lot of people (including myself) like to play on paper. It also allows larger puzzles, because players are more patient on paper. The book is really good for that. You can erase several times without breaking the paper or removing the ink. Beginners often need to erase, and experts also make mistakes once in a while.

The paper friendly print version is a great idea! I'll see what I can do about it.

• #9

Ori Avtalion (Saturday, 24 May 2014 19:37)

I also found out about this on Jonathan Blow's twitter. Hello :)

• #10

JKF (Tuesday, 27 May 2014 22:29)

I also heard about this from Jonathan Blow's twitter, I really like the online puzzles. I tried signing up for a newsletter, but got a 404 when I clicked to confirm. When is the android version going to be released?

• #11

Chris Furniss (Tuesday, 10 June 2014 23:25)

I found Alcazar from Jon Blow's tweet, as well. I love logic puzzles and this one scratches a very particular itch. Love the book, too!

• #12

Never2late (Friday, 28 November 2014 03:21)

Found out about it through my nephew. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make an ios app! Keep up the great work!

• #13

Video production with SeekClip.com (Tuesday, 06 June 2017 12:01)

The onlooker ultimately folds in on itself in a dizzying self-referential and self-reverential master class that give way into a black outlet of puzzle solving from which no account can escape.

• #14

Villa Tanjung Lesung (Monday, 17 July 2017 09:41)

Thanks for sharing this Post, Keep Updating such topics.

• #15

SEO BOGOR (Monday, 17 July 2017 09:42)

Thanks, This was an interesting puzzle...

The Incredible Company